Despite the pandemic Eureka Lodge #1274 will award the Irene and Paul Pinochi and Frank Stagnoli Scholarships this spring. Please remind your grandchildren or friends with children of Italian descent that application materials are available now from their high school counselors or by calling Dianne Luzzi at 442-8812 tohave an application sent directly to them.
The Eureka Lodge’s activities suspended after March 2020 but up until then 2019 proved to be a banner year for our lodge:
• On April 28th 2019 we held a very successful polenta dinner at St Bernard High.
• John Salizzoni, Joe Bonino, and Jeanne Oneil attended the 2019 state Grand Lodge Convention at Reno, Nevada, in June.
• On September 8th, 2019, the annual Italian Accordion Festival and Bocce Tournament was well attended. Raffle chairwoman Betty Senestraro did a wonderful job of gathering prizes. Team Redway won the bocce tournament.
• The October Veteran’s Stand Down dinner served over 200 vets and their families.
• October 27th’s Pinochi and Stagnoli scholarship polenta dinner postponed due to the county wide power outage caused by severe wildfires.
• On November 15th Eureka Lodge hosted the Humboldt Lady Veterans Association sit down luncheon at the Arcata Veteran’s Hall.
• Plaza Grill put on an elegant and fun Christmas dinner for the membership. Thank you to our member Bill Chino for hosting us.
• Finally, the postponed October 2019 polenta dinner was rescheduled and held on January 12th 2020. Our first attempt at using the Elks Lodge facilities proved to be a huge success. The additional kitchen space and more powerful ovens make a tremendous difference for the cooking crew and wait staff.
2019 was a fabulous year; 2020 not so much. Eureka Lodge is looking forward to happier, more successful 2021.
Learn More +
Learn How +
Read More +
Sons and Daughters of Italy in America
Grand Lodge of California
P. O. Box 2467
Fairfield, CA 94533
Phone: (415) 586-1316